CABE JOB AD: Quantitative/Forensic Economist (Brown Economic Consulting)
Brown Economic Consulting is currently accepting applications for a forensic/quantitative economist with work experience. Candidates must have a Master of Arts degree in Economics, plus a minimum of 2 years of work experience. Researching economic data, calculating damages & report-writing are the main job tasks. Other tasks include: liaising with the firm's clients (lawyers); applying economics to real-life situations; and testifying in court as an expert economic witness. Applicants with relevant work experience are preferred.
Brown Economic hosts an interdisciplinary environment, and the role requires explaining economic terms and concepts to a non-economic audience (plaintiffs, lawyers, insurers, and judges). Candidates with a strong background in quantitative economics, coupled with being able to write a strong narrative from various sources of information, will succeed and enjoy the work. The team of consultants at Brown Economic are an intense, dynamic group where meritorious work plays a key role in determining compensation and responsibility. The firm has a longstanding benefits plan in place and a group RRSP savings plan. Brown Economic enjoys an excellent reputation with lawyers and insurers across the country. Thomson Reuters published the 22nd edition of Damages: Estimating Pecuniary Loss in 2017, authored by the firm's founder (Cara Brown), which necessitates ongoing research & development about various economic topics. The R&D invested in by the firm enhances the work done on individual claimants' assessments.
Interested candidates must submit ALL of the following documents in PDF format (other formats NOT accepted):
- Resume or CV
- Official transcripts from all degree programs (unofficial transcripts can be sent initially but official ones must be submitted)
- Work references (minimum of 2)
- One-page explaining "How working at Brown Economic fits with my career goals"
Application Deadline: September 28, 2018
*** Apply via email to Cara Brown, President
Brown Economic is an interdisciplinary firm comprised of individuals highly educated in economics and law. Economics professors at universities in Canada complement our consulting team.
Only those candidates granted an interview will be contacted.
Working at Brown Economic Consulting Inc.
Every employee plays an important role in achieving daily deliverables. Regardless of job title, each employee in our organization draws on a variety of skills each day:
- Accountability for results and output rather than time input each workday
- Strong writing skills in terms of grammar, spelling, literacy, organization, proofreading and conceptual organization of ideas
- Expediency in written composition and calculations in conjunction with accurate and detailed documentation
- Confident speaking manner and professional demeanour when interacting with other staff, supervisors and clients
- Development of superior analytic skills and judgment
- Ability and openness to learn continuously, acknowledge and adjust to feedback
- Independent learning to enhance problem-solving
In addition to a group benefits program from Great-West Life, we offer a group retirement savings plan with RBC Royal Trust.
Advantages of a career at Brown Economic Consulting Inc.
- Stimulating and challenging work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits
- First-class research resources (projects use Statistics Canada custom tabulations)
- Opportunity to apply economics and education to real-life situations