Ontario Energy Board
Regulating Ontario’s electricity and natural gas sectors
The Finance and Information Technology division of the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) is responsible for all aspects of corporate financial management and reporting, information technology strategies and plans as well as other organizational service functions, including procurement, risk management, internal audit, emergency/contingency planning and facilities management.
We are currently seeking an individual to join our team and assist the OEB in achieving its vision of protecting the long-term integrity of the province’s energy system so that Ontarians today and in the future have access to reliable energy at a reasonable cost.
Job ID #592
1 Permanent, Full-Time Position
Under the direction of the VP, Finance and Information Technology, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating the activities related to the OEB’s Project Management Framework (PMF). The PMF is determined by senior management and establishes the templates and processes the projects follow. This role will be responsible for adherence to the framework and the reporting of projects’ status to management. The PMF will cover departmental, divisional and organizational projects profiled in the business plan, as well as government-mandated and organizational initiatives. Responsibilities include: facilitating project-related activities, developing improvements to processes, identifying projects at risk and ensuring project plans and their deliverables are being met. This role will be required to coordinate time sensitive and confidential tasks to support the division.
- Implement and coordinate the OEB project management program by promoting, educating stakeholders and delivering defined processes and templates
- Engage operations to ensure all projects are following the PMF
- Participate in Strategic & Business Planning meetings with the executive team to establish the project work plan
- Manage relationships with all levels of the OEB as it relates to project management functions in order to influence program adoption and utilization
- Monitor and guide all projects through the phases of the projects’ lifecycle
- Review all project business cases, scope documents and plan summaries for completeness and measurable project goals, including: organizational, staffing and resourcing impacts that are achieved by the project(s)
- Ensure project teams are meeting projected deadlines
- Monitor and report on project status and escalate projects at risk to management to address barriers
- Identify projects that do not align with organizational/management direction
- Engage operations and stakeholders to receive feedback regarding the program and template tools to initiate continuous improvement
- Establish a networking group to provide additional resources and lessons learned for future projects
- Develop procedures and coordinate responses to correspondence and action requests, ensuring that OEB policies, positions and timelines are observed
- Ensure sensitive documents associated with all projects are secured to ensure confidentiality. This would include: financial reports, contract information, physical security data, cyber data, project data and projections of organizational and staffing impacts
- Track the preparation and submission of documents for meetings
- Maintain files and ensure that correspondence is finalized for review and approval
- Ensure records are maintained and accessible to authorized staff
- Ensure effective and efficient office support
- Maintain confidentiality of information that Project Administrator may be privy to due to the nature of the work within the Finance and IT Division
- Identify and recommend new administrative procedures or changes to administrative procedures to support more efficient workflow
- Maintain vacation planning for the section, make note of absences and other time reporting
- Maintain asset control for the section
- Acquire office supplies and manage inventory levels
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College diploma or relevant training in finance, accounting, bookkeeping or office administration
- Prefer undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Information Technology or a related field
- Two to four years’ experience in project management environment applying project management methodologies
- Prefer Project Management certification
- Strong ability to think critically and problem solve effectively
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize work, maintain and improve the OEB’s Project Management Framework
- Excellent communication skills to answer queries, prepare correspondence and reports
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative skills to work with others to achieve deliverables
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products and use of the Internet
- Demonstrated accountability to produce high-quality work, in a timely manner
- Proven adaptability to work effectively in a variety of situations and with various individuals or groups
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external customers)
- Ability to collaborate with others in a team environment
- A commitment to professional development and continuous learning
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the minimum requirements above.
If you are interested in providing organizational and project planning experience, and enjoy working with a group of staff dedicated to working cooperatively with stakeholders to help build and sustain public confidence in Ontario’s natural gas and electricity sectors, you’ll enjoy being a member of our team.
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your resume, in confidence, by Monday, October 22, 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please quote Job ID #592 and the Position Title in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please note: Qualified candidates who are not successful may be considered to fill vacancies for jobs with similar requirements and selection criteria over the next six months.
As Ontario’s independent energy regulator, the Ontario Energy Board is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. We regret that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.