Senior Associate, Macro Economist
Deloitte Economic Advisory has an immediate opening for an experienced macro economist. The position is focused on creating and maintaining models to produce forecasts for the Canadian national economy and all of the provinces and territories. Industry modeling and analysis will also be a focus over time. The position will be working in conjunction with the Chief Economist. An understanding of model forecasting and econometrics is required. Strong communication skills are necessary to produce forecast publications and conduct internal and client presentations. This position will support all of the practices at Deloitte and will be involved in consulting projects.
- Understand the structure of the Canadian economy and have an appreciation of how economic trends and developments impact businesses and governments.
- Create and maintain macro models to generate national, provincial, industry base case and scenario forecasts.
- Communicate complex ideas in a straight forward, understandable manner.
- Write reports and commentary on macroeconomic trends and risks.
- Present forecasts and analysis to members of the firm and to external clients, with an ability to relate the findings in a meaningful way.
- Participate in teams doing consulting research and provide economic thought leadership on challenging topics.
- A PhD or MA in Economics.
- At least two years of work experience and a demonstrated understanding of Canadian and U.S. macroeconomic developments.
- Experience in modeling and econometrics, including the use of current software applications to do the work.
- Some working experience doing macroeconomic analysis and forecasting.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or with a team to deliver results under tight deadlines.
- French language skills are an asset
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be – so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Application should be made through the career website.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.