Director, Knowledge Management
Director, Knowledge Management
Health Employers Association of BC
Contact - Carly Fairhurst, Senior Recruitment Consultant
The Headhunters Recruitment Inc.
email@example.com or 604.682.9999 ext. 228
The Health Employers Association of British Columbia (HEABC) takes a provincial leadership role in human resources and labour relations issues management for more than 230 publicly funded health care employers. HEABC is responsible for negotiating six major provincial agreements covering more than 115,000 unionized health care employees covering nurses, health science professionals, physician residents, ambulance paramedics and ambulance dispatchers, and support workers in both facilities and community settings.
For more information, visit www.heabc.bc.ca.
Reporting to the Vice-President, the Director, Knowledge Management is responsible for providing overall leadership, direction, planning and management for the Knowledge Management department, to HEABC and member organizations. The Director provides leadership in all aspects of research, including setting methodologies and standards for collective agreement costing, developing and interpreting statistical and economic data, preparing data reports and presentations, and managing project teams. The Director also develops, implements and evaluates short and long term goals and objectives in support of the identified strategic direction of HEABC, evaluates policies and procedures, develops and administers departmental operating budget including allocating resources and managing staff.
This position is well-suited to an individual interested in pursuing a career in an interesting segment of the public sector, and who values the opportunity to make a positive public contribution through their work.
Major Position Accountabilities:
- Oversees the Knowledge Management Department, leading on human resources and research and providing guidance and mentoring to team members
- Develops, implements and evaluates short and long term goals for the HEABC, contributing to the identified strategic direction of the organization
- Manages and conducts analysis of statistical and economic data related to labour negotiations, human resource planning, research studies, wage and salary surveys and related health employment topics
- Interprets complex data findings, translating and presenting information to key leaders in a confident and factual manner
- Monitors and evaluates the achievement of the Knowledge Management department’s service objectives, consulting with user departments to ensure a high level of service
- Collaborates with member organizations such as labour unions and the Ministry of Health, and provides technical expertise and support on guidance on projects to key stakeholders
- Provides leadership regarding big data technology required to enhance and maintain a data driven culture
What the company will expect from you:
- A degree in Economics or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Circa 5 + years’ related research experience including planning methodologies, conducting complex costing analysis and analyzing and interpreting statistical and economic data
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and mentor a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate complex statistical data sets and handle multiple projects simultaneously
In return you can expect:
- A competitive salary and vacation package
- Generous health and pension plan benefits
- The opportunity to join an organization where you can make a positive public contribution through your work
If you are interested in this exciting role, please submit your resume to Carly Fairhurst at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.
Carly Fairhurst has over ten years of experience in the recruitment industry. Driven to exceed expectations, she delivers unparalleled service to everyone she partners with. By digging deep into both an employer’s strategic goals and culture, she is able to uncover candidates that will be the right fit.