Job Level: 11
City: Toronto, ON
Report Location: TD Tower, 20th floor, 66 Wellington St. West
Business Unit: Corporate Office
Division: TD Economics
Duration: Full time/Permanent
Hiring Contact: Derek Burleton / Oriana Kobelak
Position Title: Senior Economist
TD Economics provides analysis and forecasts of economic and financial trends. The analysis covers the globe, with emphasis on Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia. The analysis of the Canadian and U.S. economies include perspectives on the overall performance of the economy, interest rates and foreign exchange rates, regional economies, major industries and government finances.
The Senior Economist role supports research and model development activities within TD Economics. The position requires excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills as well as a strong technical and theoretical background in macroeconomics. The position is located in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada and reports to the Vice President and Deputy Chief Economist.
- Conduct timely research on issues spanning the US and Canadian economies. This research will help to inform TD clients as well as forecasting, risk identification and model development activities across the department.
- Present forecasts/analysis to TD Bank's business units and clients, with an ability to communicate complex concepts in an intuitive manner.
- Provide technical support on a wide variety of modelling projects, often working closely with less experienced economic analysts.
Knowledge Requirements/ Education:
- MA or PhD in the field of Economics
- Expertise in macroeconomics, applied econometrics and macroeconomic modeling
- Knowledge of international financial markets, including fixed income and foreign exchange would be an asset
- At a minimum, 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in macroeconomic modeling and EViews
Other Personal Skills/Attributes:
- Proactive thought leader with diverse research capabilities/adaptability
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to complete research projects quickly and with limited oversight
- Demonstrate leadership, with a capacity to mentor/coach others
Along with resume and cover letter, all applicants are required to submit a concise answer to the following questions:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Applications should be submitted to Oriana Kobelak, Oriana.email@example.com / 416-982-8061.
Application deadline: January 10th, 2019