Senior Manager, Scotiabank Economics & Global Banking & Markets Communications (15 month contract)
Job Title: Senior Manager, Scotiabank Economics & Global Banking & Markets Communications (15 month contract)
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Banking and Markets Communications and Scotiabank Economics teams by ensuring specific goals, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Senior Manager is responsible for building and delivering best in class internal and external communications in support of the Scotiabank Economics team.
The Senior Manager contributes to the development of communication strategies that drive understanding and successful execution of Scotiabank Economics and Bank objectives, and collaborates with internal partners to enhance communication from this business and across the Bank.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Creates and manages the execution of robust communications plan and a calendar of all Scotiabank Economics initiatives to maximize the effectiveness of communications across key channels driving Scotiabank Economics and Bank business priorities and provides communications advice to business leaders.
- Produces and manages Scotiabank Economics communications materials, including: Twitter and other social media, announcements, press releases, videos, town halls and presentations. Works with partners to develop these communications as needed and coordinates the delivery of
communications to target audiences (internal and external) with appropriate business leads.
- Working closely with our Content Development team, provides social media and longer-form story ideas that stem from Scotiabank Economics priorities, writes and edits content from key leaders (obtaining approval for content from key partners), oversees graphic design and manages
distribution across channels.
- Participates in development and enhancement of the Scotiabank Economics website. Works closely with stakeholders and technical experts to design and deliver materials on this site; conceptualizing, creating, and delivering content for the sites; and measuring use and effectiveness of digital
- Provides key Scotiabank Economics business initiatives with a broad range of project management and communications support to drive strategic alignment of each initiative and to support successful execution through organization, scheduling, reporting, record keeping and measurement.
- Understands the way the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
Education and Experience
- Minimum undergraduate university degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing, or a related field. A post-graduate certificate in Public Relations is an asset.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a corporate communications role, preferably in a financial services (or regulated) environment.
- Must have strong media relations and social media experience.
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills including demonstrable creativity, accuracy and attention to detail. (Spanish is an asset).
- Proven ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- The incumbent must be diplomatic, flexible, with a positive, mature attitude, and the ability to remain calm under pressure and to deliver under tight timelines.
- Must also be proactive and creative, with strong, proven ability to plan and manage competing priorities, as well as ability to recognize and appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools is required.
- Experience in developing videos, online/digital communications, communications websites and graphic design is desirable.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop preferred.