Director, Financial Analysis
Director, Financial Analysis
Financial Accountability Office of Ontario – Toronto, ON
Looking for a dynamic and flexible work environment where you can make an important contribution to evaluating public finances in Ontario? Consider joining Ontario’s Financial Accountability Office.
The Financial Accountability Office (FAO) of Ontario provides independent fiscal, financial and economic analysis on the state of the Province's finances, trends in the economy and related matters important to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. For more information about the FAO, please visit our website at www.fao-on.org.
The FAO is seeking a mid-to-senior-career Director to join our team. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Analyst and the Financial Accountability Officer, you would provide leadership, advice and support as part of a team that conducts research on the financial costs and benefits of policies important to Members of Provincial Parliament and committees of the Ontario Legislature.
- Principal Responsibilities
- As a team leader:
- provide direction and support to financial analysts in the review of provincial fiscal policies, using appropriate economic, social, taxation, and fiscal policy tools and frameworks;
- direct and support financial analysts with the development of reports, commentaries and other briefing materials, ensuring that the analysis is accessible for FAO stakeholders; and
- work independently on FAO projects, as required.
- Create frameworks/models for preparing financial analysis of issues relevant to the Ontario Legislature, with a particular emphasis on the costing of new policy initiatives, such as legislation or regulation, and financial assessments of the Ontario Budget and Expenditure Estimates.
- Contribute to the development of databases, models, and other analytical tools for use in the FAO’s policy and financial analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The incumbent must have demonstrated sound judgment, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with senior executives in a public or private sector context. Additionally, the Director, Financial Analysis will have:
- At least 10 years of experience conducting research and analysis of finance or fiscal policy issues, undertaking financial model development, forecasting and fiscal policy analysis, and preparing comprehensive costing reports, evaluations and forecasts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to direct projects and teams of analysts.
- The ability to produce high-quality written material under tight deadlines, stress and public scrutiny.
- The ability to communicate and present complex issues to diverse audiences, including senior management of the FAO, members and committees of the Legislature, the media and the public.
- Knowledge of theories, concepts and research techniques of economics, socio-economics, social sciences, international trade, intergovernmental fiscal arrangements, taxation, public finance, financial analysis, and/or legal frameworks.
- A graduate degree (Master’s or Doctorate) from a recognized university with a specialization in economics or finance, or an equivalent graduate-level designation.
File No.: FAO-2019-04
Closing Date: May 24, 2019
Salary Range: $130,930 - $164,930 per year
Job Term: 1 permanent
Please apply by sending your letter of interest and resume, quoting the above file number, via e-mail to HR@fao-on.org. Attachments must be in MS Word (.doc, docx), PDF (.pdf) or Rich Text (.rtf) format.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please e-mail us your contact information for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Financial Accountability Office of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code