Director, Market Analytics- Montreal
Director of Market Analytics- Montreal, Quebec
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that enables our commercial real estate clients to make informed, high impact decisions ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar’s independent research organization – the industry’s largest – with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
CoStar is seeking a Director of Market Analytics to join our growing analytics organization. The Director of Market Analytics is responsible for all analytic content for the market, including market and submarket-level reports, news stories, and digital video content. The Director of Market Analytics will play a key role as a client and industry-facing representative of CoStar and is responsible for delivering our industry outlook and views to the market. In larger markets, the Director of Market Analytics may also build and lead a team of analysts.
- Producing meaningful, relevant, and insightful analysis of real estate market conditions for inclusion in CoStar’s product offering.
- Content will take various forms including: Written narratives in CoStar’s market and sub-market reports, Video content, News articles, Presentation content.
- Interactions and discussions with CoStar customers
- Translate analysis and insights into meaningful content to deliver to the market
- Deliver in person and video market updates to CoStar clients and industry groups, focusing on economic and Commercial Real Estate trends in the market
- Participate in the development of new products that contain market commentary and analysis to disseminate to CoStar clients and other market participants
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated writing skills and ability to maintain a high volume of written content
- 7+ years of work experience in commercial real estate with experience within specified market
- Familiarity with the market, either as a resident or real estate professional
- Masters or other graduate degree in related field preferred
- Understanding of economic theory, principles and their application across the real estate industry
- Strong data and analysis skills
- Polished presentation skills and experience speaking and presenting data to others in large group settings related to market conditions
- Comfortable presenting on-camera.
- Proactive and solutions focused client orientation
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
- MS Office; SQL experience a plus
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
Founded in 1987, we are a NASDAQ listed company with a market cap of over US$30B and sit alongside other notable names such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and Apple. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
As a technology company, we are the trusted partner for all commercial real estate professionals empowering many of the most well-respected landlords, development companies, brokerage firms, banks, lenders, investors and government agencies with our data products and leading marketplaces.
We do this by actively researching the commercial real estate markets and providing data, analytics, innovative tools and powerful marketing platforms in the U.S. and Internationally to help our clients transact with one another. CoStar continues to win multiple awards including one of Forbes most innovative companies (2017) and Fortune’s fastest growing companies (2018).
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
CAREER WEBSITE DISCLAIMER:
CoStar Group seeks information for job applications from candidates in the Canada through only the following channels:
The CoStar Group website
Via email to/from addresses using only the CoStar domain of “@costar.com”
Screening and interaction by telephone and through the Microsoft Teams or Zoom platforms
Be aware that:
CoStar does not use Wire, Google Hangouts, or any other platform for any recruitment related activities
Disregard any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with CoStar via any other means and/or using email addresses with any other domain
CoStar will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with the company