Manager, Operations Advisory
Manager, Operations Advisory
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you’ll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
We are looking to fill two Manager positions. One will be primarily focused in Financial Services and the other will be primarily focused in the Public Sector.
- Our Financial Services Practice helps financial institutions (e.g., banks, credit unions, insurance, wealth and asset management organizations) develop efficient and effective operations to support strategic business objectives. We help these clients anticipate disruption and reimagine the possible.
- Our Government Practice helps government (e.g., federal, provincial and municipal) and broader public sector clients (e.g., higher education institutions) develop efficient and effective operations to support strategic business objectives. We help government anticipate disruption and reimagine the possible. Our shared purpose and passion help make an impact and improve the lives of citizens.
We support our clients in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing and delivering the changes required to align their operating models to their financial targets and strategic objectives. This approach helps deliver timely improvements in performance and visibility and control for long-term operating impact.
We start with the big picture, before narrowing it to reflect our clients’ most pressing concerns, focusing on continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, delivering bottom-line improvements and enhancing quality and service levels.
We are looking for talented professionals like you, with a proven record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional, meaningful client service.
What you will do:
As a Manager in our Operations Advisory practice, you will use your strong business acumen and be a key member of a high performing team. You’ll be learning from some of the best in the industry and growing your personal skillset by:
- Supporting timely engagement management and ensuring on-time, on-budget high quality delivery of client deliverables
- Providing expertise and knowledge for full spectrum of client-related business activities and projects, while taking accountability for leading client engagements
- Supporting client pursuits and proposal development with support from Senior Leadership, and working with KPMG leaders to develop thought leadership, white papers and other intellectual assets
- Leveraging your strong understanding and experience across operational excellence, process review improvement and performing quantitative analysis / modelling
- Growing your reputation as a trusted advisor and champion within the financial services community
- Growing your coaching and feedback skills through providing day-to-day guidance and mentoring to your team and supporting our Open Feedback culture
- Developing trusted client relationships and managing engagement teams of up to 3-5 practitioners. You will facilitate client workshops and conduct interviews with client personnel as well as maintain our very high-quality standards, meeting and exceeding client expectations
What you bring to the role:
- 5-10 years of work experience in a comparable capacity in management consulting, industry (financial services, government) and/or professional services.
- University degree in business, economics, finance or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Comfortable working at both the conceptual and the hands-on level with big picture thinking and growth-oriented leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with data, inferring insights from data and briefing senior leaders on insights and recommendations
- Experience with financial analysis, data modelling, securing expense efficiencies and/or process mapping / re-engineering.
- Demonstrated interest in working with and building client relationships
- Commitment to support proposals and/or lead efforts to secure new business / market opportunities
- Project management and execution skills including: leading day-to-day execution, team management and managing project schedule, risks and timelines
- Strong at cultivating client relationships at mid-levels – Managers, Senior Managers and Directors.
- You understand that at times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Keys to your success:
- Passionate about solving creative problems, building solutions and making an impact
- Excellent quantitative analysis and critical thinking abilities
- Initative, persistence and resilience during challenging situations
- Strong analytical skills to assimilate complex information with a proven ability to translate vision and strategic priorities into operational and financial realities
- Desire to grow, build and nurture a team of professionals as they navigate their career journeys and aspirations
- Strong communication skills – in both oral and written forms – particularly with senior management
- Strategic and effective influencing, networking and relationship management skills internal and external to KPMG
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.